May 31, 2012
IAVE’S NEW STRATEGIC DIRECTION
IAVE’s board of directors is pleased to share this summary of our new “strategic direction” that will guide our work over the next three to five years.
IAVE’s vision is of a global culture of volunteering that contributes to a fairer, more peaceful, inclusive and compassionate world.
IAVE’s mission is to enable leaders of volunteering worldwide to stand in solidarity with one another to promote, support and celebrate volunteering in all of the many ways it happens throughout the world.
Our Value Proposition.
Working with a distinctive global perspective, IAVE is the connective tissue through which leaders of volunteering worldwide can share their experiences, challenges and innovations, drawing inspiration and support for their work.
Together, with them, we are the global network that promotes, supports and celebrates volunteering in all of the many ways it happens throughout the world.
Our Priority Focus Areas.
- Our members
- National volunteer centers
- Businesses committed to engaging their employees as volunteers
- Youth volunteers and those organizations that enable and support their involvement
Our Core Functions.
- Knowledge development and dissemination
- Network development
Working in Partnership.
We place high value on developing strong, sustained, mutually beneficial partnerships with NGOs, businesses, multilateral organizations and governments that share our belief in the power of volunteering to change the world. By making this a primary way of work, it enables us to leverage limited resources into significant global impact.
By 2015, we will:
- expand and better serve our worldwide membership;
- put in place the Global Volunteer Centers Network;
- establish IAVE Youth as a globally recognized way for volunteers age 15 to 30 to connect with one another;
- grow the Global Corporate Volunteer Council into a truly global leadership network for corporate volunteering;
- develop a strong online presence that supports our mission and our programs;
- sustain and enhance our record of high quality world and regional volunteer conferences;
- be recognized for developing an expanded knowledge base on national volunteer centers, youth volunteering and corporate volunteering;
- strengthen our organizational infrastructure to better enable us to build the operational capacity to achieve our goals, secure the resources we need and sustain our heritage of strong, effective volunteer leadership.